Sketch For You To Try!

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Hello, my lovelies!
Happy first day of summer! Woo Hoo!!!
I hope you are having beautiful summer weather :-)
Today, I am playing along with a couple challenges! I know! It's been ages since I last played any challenge! 



My son's school is finally ending tomorrow and I needed a couple of thank you cards for his teachers. The Sketch For You To Try challenge over at Reverse Confetti had this cute sketch ;-)




I had wanted to play the CAS Watercolor Challenge ever since I found it (gosh, I don't even know how long ago!). Totally me, right!?

Alright, here is my card...;-)




The last day of school means the beginning of summer! YAY! 
I am probably more excited about it than my son is because mornings and I do not get along! {LOL} 




I got this cute little worm guy from Reverse Confetti when they had their sale!
Isn't he just the most adorable wiggly guy ever!? I stamped his striped body with pink first, heat embossed the wormy with gold, die cut him with the coordinating die, and colored his little face with my Spectrum Noir Marker. Same process with the apple, and the sentiment was also heat embossed with gold. 




So where is my watercolor? The three strips of watercolor paper have the ruler and pencil images heat embossed, and they were water colored with blue and yellow ;-) 
I chose the vellum with tiny polka dots for my big circle because I didn't want to totally hide the 3 panels behind it, and this card had a lot of patterns and colors already! This green paper with striped dots may seem too much, but it actually ties everything together. I have stripes on the worm, pencils, and ruler. Polka dots can be found on the apple, the vellum, and my little Mr. Worm is made of circles as well ;-) And the green matches the worm's head and the leaf on the apple ;-) The pink base is unusual for me, but it is picking up the pink on the worm and apple. 



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



4 comments :

  1. adorable card, thanks for joining us at CAS watercolour :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Nakaba. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Naki! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree..very cute..
    Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge. Hope you play along again.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete