Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 401

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Hello my lovelies!
I hope you enjoyed our 400th celebrations last week!
Congratulations to the winners! {woo hoo!}
Now we are back to our regular schedule, and this week's sponsor is Birch Press Design.





And we have this beautiful color combo for you this week!
These cupcakes are so pretty!
Alright, here is my take...;-)




I apologize for this blurry photo... I'm so frustrated with my camera! {ugh!}
But at least I had so much fun making this card! ;-)




I got this adorable Japanese girl in her kimono from Sweet Stamp Shop, I just had to have this set! I stamped the image with antique linen distressed ink on watercolor paper, and colored her with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Set. This was my second try because I'm not very good at coloring with dark colors, so the maroon kind of ruined my first one {LOL}. The set comes with its own sentiment "konnichiwa", but I thought, why not write it in Japanese myself!? So I wrote it with my Stazon marker then heat embossed it. 




Those lanterns were stamped with Calypso Coral ink on watercolor paper, fussy cut, popped on with foam tape, and little snippets of gold twine were added. Those puffy cherry blossom stickers were sent from my mom years ago. It's almost cherry blossom season in Japan, and it is my absolute favorite time of the year there! The petals of those delicate flowers fall from their trees is like a pink blizzard, it is simply breathtaking! People go to parks and have picnics under the cherry blossom trees and paper lanterns every spring, especially at night! Anyway, that's what the splatters represent on this card, a cherry blossom blizzard ;-) 


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!
Don't forget to head over to the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog and check out what my fabulous teammates created!



2 comments :

  1. Naki, your card's images and the accompanying explanation have transported me to the 'blossom blizzard' scene you've described! Your girl is lovely and oh, how pretty the surroundings with the lanterns and blooms! A most ingenious inspiration of this week's colours!
    Hugs~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naki, this card is so sweet. I spent a couple years living in Japan, and this card with its beautiful cherry blossom has transported me right back to my days living there. Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete