Inky Paws Challenge 38

Friday, December 2, 2016

Hi there, happy Friday!
The new Inky Paws Challenge is starting today over at the Newton's Nook Designs Blog, and of course I had to play along!



We have a color challenge for you this month!
Look at this fun, festive, and pretty color combo!
Here is my take...;-)


Newton's Nook Designs Joyful Tags Set - Naki Rager


I am absolutely, definitely obsessed with the Pines & Holly Purr-fect Die Set! {LOL}
I water colored with Gumball Green and Bermuda Bay on watercolor paper, then die cut a whole bunch of pine branches to make this big wreath! I also die cut a ring using 2 circle dies so I could adhere my branches in a perfect circle on it!


Newton's Nook Designs Joyful Tags Set - Naki Rager


Then I thought, why not a shaker!?
I sewed the plastic bag that stamps and dies come in, onto another ring, trimmed off the excess, added the sequins inside the bag, sealed it with more stitches, then glued the wreath on top. 
I knew I wanted a bow on the wreath, then I thought to add one of the pretty tags from the new Joyful Tags set. I heat embossed this beauty in white on Bermuda Bay, punched out the red foil bow, and popped them onto my wreath!


Newton's Nook Designs Joyful Tags Set - Naki Rager


Here is a close up of the branches. If you look at them carefully, some of them have more Gumball Green, some have a mixture of both, and some have more Bermuda Bay. I think they turned out so very pretty!
Instead of mounting my pretty wreath on a plain white, I used this patterned paper that has shiny white stripes on white, I think diagonal stripes are so Christmasy!



{my notes}

Stamp: Joyful Tags (Newton's Nook Designs)
Paper: Bright White 100 lb (Neenah), Bermuda Bay, Red Foil Sheet, DSP (SU!), Watercolor Paper
Ink: Gumball Green, Bermuda Bay Reinker (SU!), Versamark
Accessory: 4mm Raspberry and Marshmallow Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Walter's Sparkly Shaker Selection (Winnie & Walter)
Tool: Pines & Holly and Tags Times Two Purr-fect Dies (Newton's Nook Designs), Die-namics Cross Stitches Circle STAX (My Favorite Things), Bow Maker Punch,Heat Tool, White Emboss Powder (SU!), Sewing Machine


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



1 comment :

  1. This is the prettiest shaker card I have seen in a long time Naki - BEAUTIFUL work Teamie!! <3 Meredith

    ReplyDelete