Happy New Year!

Saturday, December 31, 2016



Hi there lovelies!
Can you believe today is the last day of the year 2016!!?
It was such a fun year being on the Newton's Nook Design DT, and I get to start the new year as one of the DT member again! So exciting!




New year's day is the biggest celebration in Japan, and it is so very totally different from how it is celebrated here. I left Japan after graduating from high school and wow! that was 20 years ago now!!! So to me now, new year is watching Times Square on TV, and that is exactly what I have made here!




I used the building images from the Newton Dreams of New York set! 
They were heat embossed with clear emboss powder on gray cardstock then die cut with the Newton Dreams of New York Purr-fect die set.




I love fireworks, so that was my first inspiration for this card.
The night sky was created with blue, green, yellow and black Distressed Ink. Of course I had to splatter some water. I also sprayed some white and gold ink all over the panel. It was quite messy bit so fun! 
I wasn't sure how to draw fireworks, but I googled some images and there they are! The big, colorful one was drawn with my Kuretake Gansai Watercolor set that I received from my bestie in Japan (who has been my bestie since we were 16! Wow!), and zig Clean Color Brush set. What do you think?


I hope you all have a beautiful year filled with fun, laughter, some tears, and lots and lots of ink on your hands! To help you with that, Newton's Nook Designs is having a New Year Sale for 3 days starting today! Woo Hoo! So make sure you head over to the Shop!




Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!
Happy New Year lovelies!!!


1 comment :

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely card! I love the gold sparkly numbers! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete