Showers of Kindness

Friday, June 3, 2016

Happy Friday, my crafty friends!
Today I wanted to share this thank you card I made for Jennifer Jackson, the owner and designer of Newton's Nook Designs for having me on her blog last month!




It's raining shimmers and sparkles!




I love this adorable duck with his umbrella and rain boots!
Of course I had to watercolor him (I'm so predictable...lol)
"Showers of Kindness" is exactly what Jen gave me, what a lovely lady she is!




I used Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, and pacific Point (which are the same colors on the umbrella, duck, and his boots) to color some scrap watercolor paper, then die cut the sentiment twice. Isn't it beautiful!? This is exactly why I love watercolor ;-)




I die cut rain drops several times, then poured some teeny tiny heart confetti in a plastic bag and matted on the back of the cardstock, but the confetti would just all fall in the bottom of the bag. So I had to cut the bag smaller, taped down behind each cluster of rain drops! Yeah, it's quite a mess behind the scene...lol




I love how this card turned out!
My favorite part of it is...everything! LOL



my notes

Stamp: Spring Showers (Newton's Nook Designs)
Paper: Whisper White (SU!), Watercolor Paper
Ink: Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point, Smoky Slate (SU!), Versamark
Accessory: Daffodil Delight Gingham Washi Tape (SU!), Tiny Heart Confetti (Martha Stewart)
Tool: Heat Tool, Pool Party Stampin' Emboss Powder (SU!), Spring Showers Lawn Cut (Lawn Fawn), Thank you Die (The Greeting Farm)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



No comments :

Post a Comment