London Fog

Friday, April 15, 2016

Hi there chaps!
I am playing along with the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge today!




Awesome sketch!
Here is my take...




I really liked this simple sketch!
I looked though my big collection of MFT dies and these chevron borders caught my eyes!




I thought a little tour in London might be fun! 
I went to London with my bestie in March of 1996 right after we graduated from high school (Oh my! It's been 20 years!?) The weather was very gloomy and damp but we did not have one day with their famous fog! It was so much fun though... I'd love to go again, but this time I'd visit different places like the Aardman studio to see how Shaun the Sheep is made, look for a real Tardis (LOL), oh and maybe if I'm lucky, my favorite actor David Tennant is doing Hamlet and I'd get to see him! (a girl can dream...) 




Anyway,  that's what I made here, London fog!
I heat embossed some building images with Smoky Slate on Whisper White, then mounted that on my vellum base card so when it's closed, the images are "foggy" ;-)




Of course for my chevron borders, I had to use the colors from their flag!
I think their cabs are black, but I colored one in red, it's cuter that way ;-)
I love this card, I think it's so fun!



My notes...

Stamp: London Mouse (My Favorite Things), French Fry (Studio Calico)
Paper: Whisper White, Midnight Muse, Cherry Cobbler, Watercolor Paper, Vellum
Ink: Versamark, Stazon Jet Black, Cherry Cobbler, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky Stampin' Markers
Tool: Heat Tool, Smoky Slate Stampin' Emboss Powder, Die-namics London Mouse, Chevron Stripes Border My Favorite Things)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!




No comments :

Post a Comment