Sparkle and Shine Challenge

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Hi there!
Today I am playing along with the Sparkle and Shine Challenge!





Isn't it pretty!?
Here is my take...




I had been dying to play with this stamp set from Newton's Nook Designs that was exclusively made for Stamp-tember over at Simon Says Stamp!
I inked up the cute kitty and bunny for one card, but I couldn't fit them nicely on one so ended up making 2 fall cards!




The black chevron pillow in the inspirational photo totally caught my eye, along with the beautiful fall colors!




Newton and the pile of leaves were water colored. 
I layered a few colors on the leaves, I love how it turned out ;-)




Thanksgiving is this Thursday (holy macaroni! Did it sneak up on you too!?), so I thought "Thanks" was most appropriate ;-) I layered More mustard on Pumpkin Pie, you can see it better in the photo above ;-)
Burlap and some colorful sequins completed this simple card!




Here is card #2 with this cute bunny!
I used the same chevron paper but positioned this one in the center.




Of course he was water colored as well.
The pumpkin was colored with 2 shades of orange to give some depth.




I originally had the same sentiment as the other card but switched to this huge one in black. Just like the rocking chair in the inspirational photo, bold black really pops in light neutral colors!
Do you see the purple flowers in the photo? I don't know the name but I have them in my flower garden and love them! So that is what I added. 
Some yellow sequins were just the right finishing touch, don't you agree!?



My notes...

Stamp: Hello Fall (Newton's Nook Designs for Simon Says Stamp), A Bunch (Waffle Flower)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Gumball Green, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Watercolor Paper, Wonder Pattern Paper Pad (Crate Paper)
Ink: Smoky Slate, Sahara Sand, Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Brown Baked Sugar, Wisteria Wonder 
Accessory: Burlap Ribbon, More Mustard Gross Grain Ribbon, Sand Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Yellow Sequins (Studio Calico), Green and Orange Sequins (Craft Medley)
Tool: Bird Builder Punch, Die-namics Many Thanks (My Favorite Things), Fancy Words Confetti Cuts (Reverse Confetti), A Bunch Craft Die (Waffle Flower), Sewing Machine



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



2 comments :

  1. Adorable cards! I love the colors and patterns you used for fall! The sequins add the perfect finishing touch!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable cards! I love the colors and patterns you used for fall! The sequins add the perfect finishing touch!
    -Jen {Newton's Nook Designs}

    ReplyDelete