Sketch For You To Try

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Hi my lovelies!
I've been having difficulty finding time to craft lately, my mad house keeps me so busy! But I made some time (meaning I slacked off on some housework...*Hee Hee*) and made this card for Sketch For You To Try Challenge over at Reverse Confetti. They were having a sale last week, plus I had $20 credit from winning the last challenge so I did some shopping! And I was very excited to play with my new goodies!


AUGUST15_SFYTT


A very clean sketch! Their DT members have seriously fabulous samples/inspirations for you:-) Here is my take...




They have these monkey set and lion set that I really love, they're SO adorable! I couldn't just pick one because #1 They're cute #2 the matching die sets have some nice accessory pieces that I really wanted... So yes, I ordered them both...and am so glad I did!




The pile of presents and balloons are from the Monkey Business set, and the bunting is from the Leaping Lions set. The presents and the balloons were stamped in Smokey Slate then water colored. I used the gold marker to color 2 of the ribbons on the presents. The bunting was all stamped, the set has polka dots and stripes to stamp inside each flag.




Those lovely colored vellum are from Studio Calico, I cut them all into 1' x 1-1/4" strips then die cut them with the Lulu Fringe Cutaway, my absolute favorite! ;-) The patterned paper underneath is the All is Calm DSP from the Occasions Catalog last year, I finally opened it for this card *Ha Ha* I know, I really am a paper hoarder!




The birthday die is from the Fancy Words Confetti Cut. I am totally in love with this set! The font is so lovely :-D 
For my finishing touch, I added some sequins as usual. It's amazing how I cannot stay away from those shinny little guys! I actually don't own that much (yet)...;-)



My notes...

Stamp: Monkey Business, Leaping Lions (Reverse Confetti)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Watercolor Paper, Gold Foil Sheet, All is Calm DSP, I am Me DSP, Colored Vellum (Studio Calico)
Ink: Smokey Slate, So Saffron, Soft Sky, Coastal Cabana Stampin' Markers and Ink Pads, Gold Markers
Accessory: Metallics and In-Color 2013-15 Sequin Assortments, 4 mm Gold Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)
Tool: Monkey Business, Leaping Lions, Fancy Words Confetti Cuts (Reverse Confetti), Lulu Fringe Cutaways (Winnie & Walter), Maggie Holmes Open Book Die Set (Crate paper)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!




No comments :

Post a Comment