Inky Paws Challenge

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Hi there, my crafty friends!
Today I am playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge over at Newton's Nook Designs!



Fun theme!
Here is my take...




I LOVE beaches...have so many fond memories.
I don't know how to swim, so ocean waves scare me though...LOL 




Newton's got a nice tan while napping buried in the sand!
I am so in love with the soft look of no outline coloring, but I do not own alcohol based markers, so I stamped the sand castle and Newton in Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral for the bucket and the sunglasses, traced the outlines with the Crumb Cake Marker and Calypso Coral Marker, and kind of water it down and moved the ink inside of the images with a small paint brush. I don't like doing it this way because I lose some of the outlines and it all becomes blah! But I won't be getting the Copic markers for a long time due to their price so this has to do it...




Fun in the sun!
I originally stamped "fun in the" using 2 stamp sets, but I hated it!!
So I used that cute fun paper clip from Freckled Fawn on some clouds, and just wrote "in the" by hand. I don't like to do that, but I couldn't find any alphabet stamps that fit!




The sun was made with the Blueprint 25 die set from MFT.

I was really happy with how this card was turning up until I added the sentiment... I wasn't going to have a sentiment, and I probably should have left it that way! Does that ever happen to you!? Oh well, at least my Newton looks happy ;-)



My notes...

Stamp: Newton's Summer Vacation (Newton's Nook Designs)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Crumb cake, Soft Sky, Calypso Coral,Daffodil Delight,  Watercolor Paper
Ink: Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky
Accessory: FUN Paper Clip (Freckled Fawn)
Tool: Clouds Wise Die (Paper Smooches), Puffy Cloud Border Lawn Cut (Lawn Fawn), Die-namics Blueprint 25 (My Favorite Things)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it! ;-)
I am thinking about making another summer fun card with Newton, so stay tuned!



1 comment :

  1. This is super cute! I love the way you added big dunes of sand for the kitty to play in! I like the coloring solution you did with the soft edges - it looks fun and sketchy! And your color combo is really fun too! Thanks so much for playing along with our inky paws challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!

    ReplyDelete