Grumpy

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Hi there!

A lot of Stampin' Up! demos are in Salt Lake City this week for the annual convention, and my fun group Pretty Pals play this "green with Envy" on our private Facebook page every year. Those who are not attending the convention make cards using green, that's all to it! The envy part reminded me of this cute, but grumpy dinosaur stamp from Paper Smooches. 




So once again, I am joining the fun over at Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge!


Print

Lesson #9 – Color Theory: Secondary Colors

Print

Also decided to play another color challenge over at My Favorite Things since I am using green. I recommend heading over to their blog and read all about colors, it's fun to learn!




So here it is, my grumpy guy is green with envy! Ha Ha:-D




I am totally loving this grumpasaurus! 
I die cut and stamped this cutie on this patterned paper from Twitterpated DSP, then stamped just his head on the Whisper White cardstock so I could cut his teeth and eye out. 
I used the Lulu Fringe Cutaways die for long grass. I used the Old Olive Patterned Paper so it was more fun! Then I thought the Chevron Paper in Tangerine Tango might be fun with all this green, plus those stripes make him look really mad! 




I was going to use the sentiment that says "cheer up grumpasaurus" from the same stamp set, but I wanted to use purple somewhere. So I die cut "GRR" instead. 



My notes...

Stamp: Cuteasaurus (Paper Smooches)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Vellum, Twitterpated DSP, Howlstooth and Scarybone DSP, Brights DSP Stack
Ink: Soft Suede, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tool: Dinos 1 Wise Die (Paper Smooches), Lulu Fringe Cutaways (Winnie & Water), Die-namics Stitched Rectangles STAX, Stitched Speech Bubble Edges, Emmitt Alphabet (My Favorite Things)


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



2 comments :

  1. Naki, this is such a nice & grumpy guy!
    Your layout and color-choice turned out great! The used green and red-orange give such a great contrast.
    Greetings from Wiebke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...this is adorable!!! LOVE your cute little scene - and the colors (green and all!) are perfect! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Smooches SPARKS!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete