Picture Perfect Challege

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hi there!
Hope your week is going well!
Today I am sharing the card inspired by Paper Smooches SPARKS Picture Perfect Challenge





Aww, don't I wish I had a cool bedroom like this when I was growing up!
Here is my take...




The first thing that my eyes went to was the blue chevron stripes on the ottoman. I found this DSP from the I am Me pack. I liked that washed out look!
I embossed vellum for the very first time (I wanted the blue coming through the vellum), I had no idea it would destroy it!! I had to put pieces of scotch tape to keep it in one piece! lol 




Since I had destroyed my vellum (Ha Ha), I decided to sew it on the base card so it wouldn't fall apart on me later! I repeated the chevron with my stitches. 
The little bird house is from the same set, that is my house from the inspirational photo. Added a little heart with the accent color in the photo as well. 




I thought I was done after adhering my lovely sentiment, but that little birdie was kind of staring at me so there she is...;-)
It is quite simple, but I am loving this card a lot!


My notes...

Stamp: Gently Seasoned Two (Paper Smooches)
Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, I am Me DSP  (Retired)
Ink: Smokey Slate, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise,  Versamark
Tool: Hello Words Die (Paper Smooches), Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Sewing Machine



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!




2 comments :

  1. This is so sweet! Love the look of the embossed vellum. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your card featured on the Paper Smooches FB page as one of our "FB Featured Players" from the Picture Perfect challenge--- congrats! 

    LOOOOOOVE this sweet card--- great use of these stamps/dies and awesome take on that photo!

    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at PSS! Hope you play along again soon:) HUGS <3 Sav 

    ReplyDelete