Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 311

Friday, May 29, 2015

Hi there, Happy Friday!
Here I am playing along with Cupcake Inspirations Challenge again!
This week's inspiration is so fun! 




So stinkin' cute! 
And here is my card...




I had really, really wanted to play with that flower stamp/die sets from Waffle Flower, and I finally had the chance! I inked up the stamp then spritzed some water to give a quick watercolor look. Then I added some water downed Daffodil Delight Ink with a paint brush.




Look at these gorgeous gerber daisies my husband gave me! The orange is just so beautiful! So this was my inspiration for my orange flower on this card:-) And look, this potted daisies even had that little bee in it!




I almost didn't play this challenge because I didn't want a butterfly, and I do not have any bug stamps. But my oldest son came home with this adorable bee that he made at pre-school, and gave me an idea to make a bee with punches and dies:-)




The head is 1/2" circle punch, and the body was made with the Small Oval punch but I adhered 1/4" Basic Black stripes on a small piece of the Daffodil Delight cardstock before punching it out. The vellum wings were die cut with the small leaf from the Flower Fair Framelits die set, then I brushed my go-to-blinger Wink of Stella Glitter Pen. 




When I decided on the bee, I came up with the sentiment "Bee YOU tiful" hee hee 
I wanted to add some honeycombs but I had a hard time figuring out how. After trying several different options, I settled with this random pattern, of course some glitter was added ;-)



My notes...

Stamp: Alphabet Rotary Stamp, A Bunch (Waffle Flower)
Paper: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Vellum, Watercolor Paper, Gold Glimmer Paper
Ink: Soft Sky and Daffodil Delight Reinkers (Brushed background), Tangelo Tango, Gumball Green, Versmark
Accessory: Gold Thread, Flower Sequins (Paper Sweeties)
Tool: Heat Tool, White Stampin' Emboss Powder, Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 1/2" Circle Punch, Small Oval Punch, Flower Fair Framelits Die, A bunch Die (Waffle Flower), You Rock Designer Die (Essentials by Ellen)



Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!



2 comments :

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful card! So glad you were inspired by our Bugs & Butterflies challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete