MFT Sketch Challenge 225

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Hello, hello!
Here is a card I made for My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge 225.




I had to play along when I saw this sketch and the cards made by their challenge team! They are all so creative and gorgeous! I had to give it a try, too:-)
Here is my take.




Unfortunately, my MFT collection is still small and do not own any blueprints yet, so my round corner is not very pretty...Ha Ha
I started out with the splatters, it is from the Gorgeous Grunge (who else loves this stamp set!?). I inked up the stamp, then sprayed some water with the spritzer and stamped.  Then added a little more water with a paint brush to mix some of the colors. I love that look! 




In case you haven't noticed, I LOVE cats, I even call myself crazy cat lady! So when My Favorite Things released this cute cat stamp set, I simply had to have it! 
I also pre-ordered this cat bundle from Studio Calico, and it just arrived yesterday! It is super cute, and it even came with this tote bag that says "Crazy Cat Lady". How perfect is that!? LOL




Inside of the card, I used one of the sentiments from the I knead You set. I didn't stamp the "you" part because it's on the front. When I glued the sentiment die, I really wasn't thinking 4th dimensionally... Good thing this stamp set comes with cute sentiments like this one!




I was going to attach the end of that ball of yarn onto a loop border, but I couldn't figure out a good position for it. So I decided to make my little kitty a naughty one and he made a quite mess with his yarn! 



My notes...

Stamp: Gorgeous Grunge, Perfect Pennants (heart on the inside), I Knead You (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, So Saffron, Watercolor Paper, Vellum
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe, So Saffron, memento Tuxedo Black, Water
Tool: Thank You Designer Die (W Plus 9),  Die-namics Looped Border (MFT), Stampin' Spritzer, Paint Brush


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you Enjoyed it!


2 comments :

  1. How cute & fun! Love the color splash. Thank you for playing along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! The faux splatters are so perfect behind those loops and that kitty is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete