Challenges

Friday, March 6, 2015

Hello there!
How have you all been? 
Last week, I was trying to get my oldest son's birthday party ready, and this week has been just crazy with the kids' stuff! But I did find some time to create...



So my favorite challenge, Cupcake Inspirations Challenge, is celebrating their 300th challenge this week and next week, and I just had to play along!




They have a few different inspirational photos for this special occasion, and I chose the Sparkle challenge!


I am also playing along my other favorite challenge, Freshly Made Sketches!
I don't get to play as often as I'd like, but when I saw this week's fabulous sketch, I just had to make some time to play!




My dear friend and a partner in crime, Nina Dee, is also my little challenge patrol. She finds fun and inspirational challenges and emails them to me. I have never played Colour Q Challenge, but I LOVED this combo!

I wasn't trying to kill 3 birds with one stone...lol 
I was planning on playing along the Cupcake challenge, then I saw FMS, then Nina sent me her challenge email, and all three challenges seemed perfect with each other!




So as you can see, my basecard is black, then I carefully teared the bottom of the Typeset SDSP to create big scallops, then layered it on the base, added my neutral piece, white doily, and my pretty little floweres inked up in Soft Sky and Lost Lagoon. 




The 1/8" Silver Ribbon was my only sparkle first, but that just wasn't enough so I added some Sequins! 


My notes...

Stamp: Flower Patch
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Typeset SDSP
Ink: Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon
Accessory: Tea Lace Paper Doily,  1/8" Silver Ribbon, Frosted Sequins (Holiday Catalog) 
Tool: Flower Fair Framelits Die, Stampin' Dimensional, Glue Dots


Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!


7 comments :

  1. Very pretty. Love the touch of sequins for a bit of sparkle! Thanks for playing in our 300th challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! Nance, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the unexpected surprise of sequins on newsprint. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those flowers Naki, this is lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fabulousness, Naki! The bit of sparkle, a bit of grunge on the torn newsprint, and the delicate doily are put together so expertly! i just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely note, Naki, your flowers are so pretty! Glad you joined us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! I love the typed background and beautiful colors you used for the pretty flowers!! The Seuqins and doily look great here!
    Thank you for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful display of these lovely elements! Thank you so much for joining us for our 300th challenge!
    Hugs, Debbie, DT Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete