Naki and Nina's Double Dare Challenge #6

Friday, September 21, 2012


It's Friday and that means time for a new Naki and Nina's Double Dare Challenge!
Yes, argyle again... This is the design I had in my head when I picked last week's challenge topic



  
                             A color combo of                            
                                        Pacific Point                           A Birthday Card
                                 Basic Black
                               Whisper White 


My color combo was inspired by these bracelets that my in-laws brought home from New York City 2 weeks ago. I love them so much I have been wearing them ever since they gave me:-)


Diamonds were created with the Petite Pennant Builder Punch. After embossing them with the Perfect Polka Dots Folder, I started placing them from the center. I had all the pieces laying on the card so I had some kind of guideline to follow as I was adhering them. I lightly sponged the Whisper White Stampin' Craft Ink on my argyle so all the bright colors blend in nicer on the Whisper White Card Stock. 



The front of the card got so heavy with all those layers I had to add some weight on the inside too. and yes, more argyle! I promise I won't use it for awhile! 


Since this card is 5-1/2" x 5-1/2", I needed a custom envelope, which I whipped up super fast with the trusty Simply Scored Scoring Tool:-) I repeated the Pacific Point and the Polka Dots.

I wonder what kind of beautiful birthday card my friend Nina created! 


My Recipe for This Project

Stamp set: Patterned Party, Loved Ones
Paper: Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Whisper White, Pacific Point Designer Series Paper (Retired)
Ink: Pacific Point, Basic Black
Tool: Petite Pennant Builder Punch, Perfect Polka Dots and Argyle Textured Impressions Embossing Folders
Secret Ingredient: Patience! 

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!







This card was picked as one of the CAS Favorites on Splitcoaststampers!

1 comment :