A Funny Card

Monday, September 17, 2012


I made this card for my father-in-law this past weekend. I was going to give one from my stash but I HAD TO make this for him! It was a great way to use up some of  the scrap papers too:-)


The story behind this card is, my father-in-law LOVES to golf, and when he sees garage sales, he checks for golf balls even though he already has hundreds, if not a thousand of them! We were getting together for his cake on this past Saturday, and he had just bought dozens more the day before, and I said to him, how many balls can a man have!? LOL and this card was created!  The golf balls were embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Folder, I saw this idea somewhere, would have given that person credit but cannot find her now...


Did anyone notice that this card qualifies for this week's Naki and Nina's Double Dare Challenge!? I really wasn't trying, but argyle is so golf to me, and the jars were just perfect for the balls! 


My Recipe for This Card

Stamp set: Perfectly Preserved, Sweet Cake, Non-SU Alphabets
Paper: Basic Gray, Whisper White, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Wisteria Wonder, Pumpkin Pie, Gumball Green, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Primerose Petals, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Summer Smooches DSP
Ink, Early Espresso, Pool Party
Accessory: Island Indigo Baker's Twine
Tool: Cannery, Bitty Banners, and Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies, Argyle and Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, 1/2" circle punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
Secret Ingredient: Have a ball;-D 

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Hope you enjoyed it!


No comments :

Post a Comment